Festival of Trees for 2018
POC: Anne MarieT
The design for the 2018 LLQG Festival of Trees entry is crazy quilt blocks sewn together in a fashion that will cover a 4 foot wide Christmas tree form. Be part of the project!!
Anne MarieT will be at the Tuesday Evening Edition meetings at the Wolfeboro Community Center on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, between 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. If you wish to contribute to the 2018 Festival of Trees project, please bring any of the following:
- red and green fabric donations for Crazy Quilting
- Silk, Satin, Sateen/Cotton Velvet, Velvet - best with Rayon backing, Suede, Taffeta, Cotton with Silver or Gold
- Christmas themed embroidery patterns suitable for Redwork embroidery
- Please bring copies of your patterns so they do not have to be returned. If they appear to be too large, not to worry, as they can be made smaller to fit the blocks with a copy machine. And remember patterns can even come from children's coloring books!
- No copyrighted patterns, please.
Anne MarieT is looking for members to serve on the 2018 Christmas Tree Festival Committee. The committee will brain storm ideas, set a schedule for making kits, and talk about the assembly of the quilt. The blocks will consist of simple running stitch embroidery, most often used in Redwork in the center of the blocks. Foundation piecing technique will be used to add red and green borders to the blocks. The blocks will then be embellished with decorative, but basic stitches sewn with cotton floss and silk ribbons that are so often seen in Crazy Quilts.
Remember, if you need instructions on any of the hand stitching techniques, LynneP will be holding a class at the upcoming QUILT CAMP, 23 May. Plus, Anne MarieT will be at the Evening Edition meetings at the Community Center on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, between 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm for instructions and drop-offs.