Christmas Stocking Challenge
Throw caution to the wind! Have fun.
Start: Bring your bag of “treasures” to swap at the Annual Meeting, 26 September.
End: Bring your finished Christmas Stocking to the 13 November meeting.
Judging: Will be held during the LLQG Christmas Party, 11 December.
- Three ribbon categories:
- You may add anything from your stash, but
a) you MUST use at least three items from your paper bag.
b) It may be fun to catalog or photograph your “treasures” before you start,
so all can admire your clever use of materials.
- The front of the stocking must be quilted.
a) optional for the back.
- Size: Use the template as shown for the stocking.
a) Add a cuff and a tab for hanging.
What’s In the Bag?
Use a lunch bag to hold the following:
- Christmas fabric – any kind, any theme, ugly, gorgeous, juvenile. Quantity is up to you.
- Embellishments – gaudy trim, crazy buttons, sewing notions, “jewels” – whatever.
Please do not put your name on the bag. Bring it with you to the Annual Luncheon to exchange with a fellow Guild member.
Note: If you would like, your stocking will be donated to the Children of “Hope House” in Wolfeboro; an organization that supports families in transition.